Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Two Finished Quilts

Today I mailed these two quilts to my uncle in California. The one that is all squares I named Precision Squares. The other one, done in strips, I named Chaotic Strips.

Precision Squares is made up of 6" squares sent to me from all over the country and New Zealand and from my fabric stash. It is machine quilted in the ditch.

Chaotic Strips is made from leftover squares and solid fabric purchased in Arthur when I went to the Amish shops. It is heavily machine quilted all over in whatever design struck me at the time.

I really enjoyed doing the machine quilting once things started to work on the machine. I'm waiting now for a different presser foot to arrive. The one I'm using now is round all around the needle and it is difficult to see where I'm stitching sometimes. The one I'm waiting for is clear, so I'll be able to see where I'm going and where I've been.

Planning to go to Paducah, Kentucky the end of April for a quilt show down there. Donna and I are going to it. We had to book a hotel room an hour away because they are all booked up close to Paducah! I never knew there were that many quilters...

1 comment:

WhiteStone said...

Nicely done, Bunbear! I like the borders where you've added a narrow strip of dark fabric. That contrast really enhances the frame of the border. I'm hoping you will show a photo of your 16-patch shirt quilt when it is finished.
JudyPete