Friday, August 14, 2009

I should NOT go to garage sales....

This morning, on my way to work, I noticed a good sized yard/garage sale going on. Not having time to stop on my way in, I thought I would catch it on my lunch hour. Lo and behold, what did they have but a vintage Singer sewing machine. It's a 'Genie' model, which I know nothing about, but the gal at the sale said it works just fine. And since it was afternoon and they were trying to get rid of stuff, everything was half off! They were asking $20 in the morning, so since I waited until later, I got it for $10. I was thinking of purchasing some magazines online for about that price today, so I just postponed that purchase and bought the machine. I'm anxious to get it home and see how it works.

I managed to get the apron cut out for my friend, but it's not sewn together yet! I may have time to whip it together before she gets to my house tonight, but I'm not going to break my neck over it. She knows she will get it, eventually!

I went over to her house last night and played a few games of 'Sequence' with her and her daughter and daughter's friend. I really enjoy playing that game. I'm going to go visit my grandma in St. Louis tomorrow morning and I think I'll take the game and see if she wants to play a couple games of it.

Darling husband has been working a lot of overtime. The last couple nights he has worked until 3 a.m. and has to do so again tonight, as well as work 8 hours tomorrow (Saturday). The check will be nice, but he's about worn out!

Darling son is going to the City Museum tonight with a group of friends. Darling daughter is going on a float trip this weekend. She finally got a call from the assisted living facility and will be starting work next week!

No comments: