Monday, August 3, 2009

Monday afternoon


Is this the most annoying fabric ever? Hee hee. I found this today and I think that's what I'm going to use to make my friend an apron for the school cafeteria! The kids will love it, especially the little kids, with all the bright colors!


My day is going okay today so far. Darling daughter is going to put a turkey breast in the oven for me around three, so that will be ready when I get home from work. I really want it to make sandwiches with. One of the restaurants in the area makes a grilled sandwich with turkey, grilled onions, and blue cheese. It's good at the restaurant, but I can actually make it better than they do because the restaurant uses lunchmeat pressed turkey breast. That's what's for dinner tonight.
I think I might be getting back in the groove with my sewing. I made those beanbags last night and just have to sew the edges shut on four of them. Tonight I'm going to try and work on that apron. These worked up really quickly, and even stitching the edges closed went surprisingly fast.
I found a different fabric to use on the wall hanging for my mother. I was not completely in love with one of the main fabrics of the background, so today I found a different one to use. It's not striped, which is what is recommended, but it has some wavy movement almost like flames, that will create the illusion of stripes. I want to start on that wall hanging as soon as I'm done with the aprons and beanbags. My friends and I get together in less than two weeks and I want to have them ready to give to them by then!

No comments: