Sunday, August 9, 2009

My feet hurt!

...because I worked at the chicken dinner at the church today. Here's a picture of my dad and brother (the two in hats, I don't know who's in the middle). They were dishing up noodle for one of the three serving lines at the dinner. I usually make mashed potatoes, along with a couple other gals. It's quite a production, this dinner. But it is a big success and the church benefits from it. By no means did I work the hardest there today. Even though I was back by the stove, I was in air conditioning. The chicken fryers were outside in excessive heat and the take out line servers was in the garage sweating it out.

I have been organizing my sewing room. I bought four of those three drawer wheeled carts and have transferred material into them. I'm slowly getting everything into uniform containers, instead of it all being in different shaped tubs. These drawers are clear, so I can see what I have, to some extent. I'm about halfway done organizing. I need to get about four or five more carts. They aren't cheap, so I can't just go buy them, but I can pick them up one at a time each paycheck.

My daughter has the room right next to my sewing room upstairs. She and I share a cable for the television in her room and my room. Well, she hasn't been able to get her television to work properly since she rearranged her room and asked me to look at it. In the mean time, the tv in the sewing room went fuzzy on me. I decided to start small...I thought I would change out the splitter where the cable comes up. I got zapped! There is a small current of electricity that runs through that cable wire, enough to zap me and make my hand sting. The splitter was bad, and once I replaced it, the tv in the sewing room worked fine. Her television, however, still is not working properly, so I thin it might be another part, but I just didn't have the energy to check it out today. Those rooms are not on the central air conditioning in the house and even though there is a window unit, it was unbearably hot up there. I will try replacing that other part another day.

Darling son is visiting my mother this weekend. He went with my brothers (not the one pictured) to a concert in Chicago. He took the train up there and is coming home tomorrow. I miss having him around!

Darling daughter is spending a lot of time with her boyfriend. He had his son this weekend and I was hoping they would bring him over to swim again. They had other plans, though. There's still a lot of summer left.

Darling hubby has worked overtime all last week and yesterday. He worked 12 hour days all week in this heat. Today is his only day off. He was just beat. This heat really drains a person.

No comments: