Monday, November 23, 2009

Gotta love Mondays...

Darling Daughter just called me at work. She hasn't really been doing much sewing, but she wants some pillows for the house her and her boyfriend are moving into. So she rummaged through my stash and found some material and was sewing along when she ran out of bobbin thread. She had never filled or changed a bobbin and called to ask me how to do it. I walked her through it, and she finished her pillow slips. It made me feel so good to be able to explain something like that to her. She actually values my opinion on this one thing, something that is rare between a 19 year old and her mother. Maybe it just feels rare to me, I don't know. At any rate, I'm glad she has a little interest in sewing. I think I'll get her a machine for Christmas or for her birthday in January. I was thinking of giving her one of the old machines I've picked up at yard sales, but if I want her to keep interested in sewing I don't want her to have to fight with it. Maybe, just maybe, someday she will get into quilting...

No comments: