Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Wall Hanging Completed

Woo Hoo! A finish! Hee hee. I finished the wall hanging for Mom last night. Here's a picture of the quilting in the green areas. If you scroll down you can see the whole piece. I'm mailing it to her today. She knows it is close to being done, but doesn't know it will be on it's way. I named it 'Sunshine for Mom'. I put a label on the back, with that on it, but it was a little messy. I still need to perfect my label making!

The old Singer and I got along pretty good on that piece. The sticking point was that darn rayon thread. I told the old girl I would try to avoid using that thread in her again...My son think's I'm nuts talking to a sewing machine. ha ha.

I sent away for a kit from Downy for the Quilts for Kids project. I would like to whip that together then machine quilt it and send it off before starting to machine quilt the double delight top. I did cut some muslin for the back of double delight and throw it in the washer this morning before work. If it's nice tomorrow, since I have the day off for Veteran's Day, I am thinking of pin basting the quilt outside on the new tables I bought.

This weekend my friend and I are going to Arthur and Tuscola. We are going Friday night and spending the night in Mattoon. Arthur has the Amish settlement and Tuscola has the outlet mall. We are going to do some Christmas shopping. I'm looking forward to getting away for a short time.

1 comment:

Cindy Quilts said...

I noticed you mention going to Arthur and Tuscola. I live in Illinois, too! North of Champaign, but south of Kanakakee. Small world!