Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Wednesday before Thanksgiving

Here's a picture of the fabrics I've decided to use on the upcoming mystery quilt from Quiltville.com. It's called 'Carolina Christmas Mystery'. Instructions say you can use scrappy reds, greens, golds and neutrals. I chose to not go the scrappy route this time. I wanted something soft and old fashioned looking. The instructions for the mystery start on Friday, but I won't be able to begin it until Saturday or Sunday, since we will not be home Friday. Quiltville is the site that the mystery top 'Double Delight' came from. That's the top I'm quilting right now. Almost done with it, too! That will be quite an accomplishment, as I have been using the 1927 Singer.

Really looking forward to going to Mom's for Thanksgiving. We have the food all planned out and we have our Friday shopping all planned out too! I've got a list of things I want to get from the stores that are having the mega sales. Probably get most of the kids' stuff done. Darling Hubby is done. Also have to think about the kids' birthdays, which are one right after another within days of Christmas. Why did I do that????? ha ha.

Sunday is the day Darling Daughter is moving out. Sigh. Some of the deals I want to capitalize on Friday are for stuff she can use at the house. Most of Darling Son's gifts will be electronic or music related.

No comments: