Monday, April 5, 2010

Cutting fabric in the morning


I was bound and determined to get some fabric cut today. This morning, before I went to work, I grabbed the cutting mat and accessories and a chunk of fabric I need to cut into strips. Set it on the only clear work space in the kitchen - the top of the freezer - and cut several strips. I feel like I at least accomplished something.

We did not stay for dinner at my dad's yesterday. I stuck to my guns on this and will continue to do so. There were, of course, snide remarks from the other side of the family, to which I just smiled and ignored while there.

We had some really windy weather last night and again this afternoon. There was hail, but no real damage, thankfully. I'm not fond of tornado season, and it makes me especially nervous at night. When I was pregnant with Nick and Johanna was less than a year old, we had a tornado in the town I lived in. It was terrifying. I was in the basement, praying, and watching the rain going in circles sideways!

I love our new windows! Can't wait to get the rest of them done! It will be a while, but we will do it as soon as possible. It feels good to be able to put money back into the house, finally.

No comments: