Saturday, April 10, 2010

First bar-b-que of the season

Even though the calendar doesn't say it's summer, the first bar-b-que of the season says it's not too far off. Everett grilled a couple of hamburgers for himself and a couple turkey burgers for me. His burgers looked amazing and my burgers were amazing! My hubby knows his way around a grill, that's for sure!

Lori and I went shopping this morning. We stopped for breakfast. I had quite a few points for breakfast, so I just had a bowl of soup for lunch. Then had a decent dinner. Along with the burgers we had salad and baked fries.

I really have to say, to anyone considering losing weight for their health, it is so worth it! I'm still riding high on knowing how my cholesterol and blood sugar numbers went down. From 215 to 157 for the cholesterol and from 110 to 102 for the blood sugar. That still needs to come down a bit, but I know as I lose weight, it will fall into line. I'm at a 26 pound loss with 51 more to go. In my mind, that means in about a year I will be at my goal weight. Hopefully!

Today I took chubby Wrigley for a 40 minute walk. Our fat Labrador isn't used to that kind of exercise and I think she is still recovering! I really should walk her more because she needs the exercise more than I do! ha ha.

No comments: