Saturday, April 3, 2010

I'm not going to go places I don't want to go

Tomorrow is Easter. For years my family has been going to my Dad's for the holiday for dinner and to hunt eggs. Recently his wife has decided to invite her brother and sisters and their entire family to every dinner we go to there. My father's sister and her family have not been invited. I'm done. She wins. It's quarter to six in the morning and I've been up for almost two hours agonizing over this. I don't like those people and I refuse to waste any more time doing things I don't like (except going to work for a paycheck, that's a whole different scenario!). My husband is not happy with my decision because he wants to keep the peace. The problem is that the so called peace has been tenuous at best and there has been a lot of pent up anger doing a slow burn under the surface for a long time.

I am going to tell my Dad that we will stop by before dinner but won't be staying because my kids are both working and I'm making dinner at home at 3. It will be good enough.

I am sorry for those quilting readers that I haven't had much to say about quilts lately. There just seems to be too much going on and I haven't been able to sew. I'm hoping today something I can at least cut some strips for the mystery quilt's four patch units.

No comments: