Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Playing Hooky

I didn't go to work today. Didn't feel so hot last night and didn't sleep well, so I just took the day off. Ev had to go in early and no one would be home with the pup, plus yesterday there was a threat to our office, so I just felt like it would be an all around good day to stay home.

I just got back from getting my hair cut. It's really short and I think I am going to love it! Finally got a haircut that fits my style - no hassle!

Ivy is doing okay with housebreaking. It's taking a little while, but I think she is getting the hang of it. Patience, grasshopper, patience.

Our yard under the maple tree has all kinds of tiny maple trees sprouting up in it! I know it's from the 'helicopters' off the tree, and the next time Ev mows grass it will kill them all, but it's kind of neat to see them. Maybe I should start my own tree farm...haha.

Still waiting for Nick's final grades. On edge to see if he's going to have a high enough gpa to stay where he is, or if he has to go to the community college in the Fall for a semester. I really hope he doesn't have to do that. But if he does, he does. He put himself in this spot and I know he's regretting it, but there is only so much that we can do. Hopefully he has learned from it.

Today I'm making something new. It's Naan bread. I saw it on t.v. and it looks good and easy. It's an Indian bread made with flour, yogurt, and yeast. It's a flat bread. I think Nick will like it, and I'm sure I will. Ev's not a big bread eater.

Johanna came up last night and we went out to dinner at Denny's. It wasn't long after that my stomach started feeling bad, so it could have been something I ate. It's gone now, thankfully.

No comments: