Saturday, May 1, 2010

Stormy weather

Last night we had a pretty good round of thunderstorms come through. We didn't have any tornados here, thankfully, but there were some reported in areas surrounding us. The winds were up to and over 70 mph! Ev was at work, but I had Nick, Johanna and Ben here for a while until the storm passed, which was nice.

One more day until we can get Ivy! I called the animal shelter yesterday and they would like to keep her until Sunday because she didn't get spayed until later in the day Friday. That's fine with me, let her heal up some then we can bring her home.

This past week I have gone upstairs and done some sewing before work on a few days. I have actually been able to accomplish something that way! I need to sew less than 10 strip sets together and I will have enough for the four patch units for the mystery. Pressing them will be the next step, then cutting into 2-1/2 inch pieces for the 4 patch units.

Donna and I are looking into going on a 'shop hop' for the first time in July. Need to get more info about it, but it sounds like a lot of fun!

No comments: