Monday, April 16, 2007

Weekend Accomplishments

Had a productive weekend. I was able to get all the quilting done on the green monster. I just need to bind it now. I feel pretty good about using the industrial machine for the quilting. I'm not real good on it yet, but with each row it felt like my control was getting better. I will admit that Saturday night, after quilting half the quilt on the machine, my shoulders and neck were so tense it took a while for me to relax them. But that will go away with more practice! I do have a bit of a problem with the tension on the machine still. It is so tight I can hardly pull the thread through, but the stitching seems okay. And yes, I did have the presser foot up!

I also started on a quilted purse over the weekend. At guild Thursday night some of the ladies had shown off purses they had made at a local quilt shop. There wasn't really a pattern, just a way of folding the material. With a help from some internet friends, I was able to find the folding directions online and the rest was easy. The purse is about halfway done. Don't know if my daughter will want one or not (might not be cool enough for her, you know!), but this first one I made for myself. It also makes a neat tote bag when made larger. Going to make a few of them, also.

No comments: