Monday, December 14, 2009

Getting close to Christmas

It's almost Christmas! I just have a few more gifts to buy then I'm all set. Going to do my baking the week between Christmas and New Year's so I can take goodies to Mom's for the holiday.

I finally finished the Double Delight quilt. Mailed it to Mom for her to give to her friend. I liked the way it turned out. I'll upload a picture of it soon. The total amount of time spent on the quilt was over 62 hours. 50 plus were spent piecing the top! The machine quilting was all done on the '27 Singer. I feel a lot better about my machine quilting abilities since doing this quilt. It really comes down to practice, practice, practice! The binding took a while to hand sew, but it's sewing I enjoy. And just so everyone knows, the duct tape marks came out....ugh... I was very pleased they came out but sure don't want it to happen again. I'm going to get some of that heavy plastic and cover my card table with it.

I will have to wait to cover the table until after Christmas. My village is all set up and the card table is in use! The village keeps growing and growing. I'll post some pics soon.

Been getting on the treadmill almost every day. I'm trying to do it as soon as I get home from work. I really have to push myself to do it.

Sure do miss Darling Daughter. She's been moved out for a couple weeks now. Darling Son feels like an only child...

No comments: