Monday, June 21, 2010

Mrs. O'Leary's Cow...


Do you think my firebug hubby has ever heard of Mrs. O'Leary's cow? Look at the flames on that grill! I was up on the deck by the pool and just had to snap a shot of that!
Everett was grilling some steaks Saturday, a real treat for us. Our neighbor, Delbert, came over and we had a really nice meal. After Ev cooked, we went inside to eat. Had corn on the cob, salad, and steak.
We were inside for about half an hour. Had left the dogs out while we ate. Well, that puppy decided she needed to cool off and jumped in the big pool while we were eating supper! Thank God we were only inside for a half hour, because who knows how long she had been in and how long she could have kept treading water? She was just paddling away at the edge, but was unable to get out of the pool! I feel so bad that she was in there, and so thankful that she didn't drown!
So Sunday morning, Father's Day, I was at Lowe's at 8:00 a.m. buying fencing material for around the deck. Our yard is fenced in around the back yard where the pool is, but the deck does not have a railing or fencing around it (you can see that in the picture). It was so very very hot Sunday that we were only able to work on it in short bursts. We did get the gates put up at the top of the steps. The gates, plus the fact that the deck is too high for Ivy to get up on without the steps, and putting some big flower pots on the sides of the gates will prevent Ivy from getting to the pool until we can complete the work. We just ran out of daylight.
Everett has to work 12 hours today through Wednesday, so he won't be able to do any work until Thursday morning, if then. The heat is absolutely unbearable, and I'm concerned about his health. The factory where he works is very very hot.
My weight loss is coming along nicely. I was concerned that I would gain on vacation, but I actually lost! I think it's because I was pretty active and outside a lot! I have lost 36 pounds and am down to 184! This is a big big deal for me.
Been working on mystery 13 still. Have been cutting strips into 4 patches and sewing them. I get tired of cutting, so I sew a bit, then go back to cutting. I have 13 strip sets left to cut...I think they are multiplying while I sleep... haha.

1 comment:

Claudia said...

Congrats on your weight loss!!!.. I wish I could get a start on mine. Keep going and tell us how you are doing !!..