Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Vacation Tuesday

Just wanted to get a couple pictures up today. Here is part of the shirtings top I have been working on. There are 9 rows of 8 blocks per row. There are two different green men's shirts that were used in the 16 patch blocks and different neutral shirts also. The 16 patch blocks alternate with muslin blocks. This is similar to the red shirtings top that I finished a while ago. I need to put some borders on this one yet, but haven't decided exactly what to do.

Also posting a picture of the puppies. Well, one puppy and one seven year old doggy. Aren't they cute? My son's friend laughed when I went to take them for walks the other day and had matching leashes. Wrigley has a green leash and Ivy has a purple leash! I have to use the same colors on them when I walk them so I can keep straight who is on which leash. It's not such a big deal to control Ivy if she decides to chase a rabbit, but if Wrigley gets a wild notion to want to run, I have to have a pretty good hold on her! 80 pounds of dog has a lot of strength.

Mom is talking like she might come down this weekend. If she does, we are going to St. Louis to clean out more of Gram's house on Saturday. I know it has to be done, but it's not a job I'm looking forward to. But with two of us working on it, it will go a little quicker at least.

Johanna called this afternoon. She was upset because it had started to hail and her car was getting dinged with golf ball sized hail! She was able to get her car in the garage but I know she was upset. We have been having a lot of rain and thunderstorms lately. Finally turned the air conditioning on today. The humidity was just awful and couldn't stand it anymore.

I have lost 37 pounds to date! Have 43 more to go and I'm feeling really good. I can actually fit into a normal size of clothing. I have been to the thrift store and picked up several pair of capri pants and a couple tops. I don't want to purchase a lot of clothing right now because I fully intend to lose more weight, but I have to have something to wear! haha.

No comments: