Friday, June 18, 2010

Oh Baby, It's Hot Outside!

Yes, Summer is here. Not officially for a couple days, yet, but the temps are skyrocketing and the heat index is soaring. Everett is working from 11 to 3 today and hopefully drinking plenty of fluids. I cut the grass in most of the yard, something I haven't done for years, and would have cut the rest but I was getting a heat headache. There's not much left to cut. This is something Ev is really protective about and normally does himself. Weird, but I have never complained.... At any rate, since he is working today and the grass needed it and I'm still on vacation, it was the least I could do.

Tonight our friends Bill and Diane are coming over for a swim. They are bringing the beer and wine and we are getting pizza. We will have a good time, I'm sure.

It's Homecoming weekend here in town. The carnival comes to town, we have a parade, and all manner of freaks show up from the nether regions of the area. Mostly it's a great time during normal hours, but if you stay real late at the grounds, it does get dicey. Of course there was the one year where they mayor's wife decked his mistress during the afternoon out at the grounds!

No comments: