Thursday, June 17, 2010

Thursday evening in June

I have not done as much sewing as I wanted to on my vacation, but I have done some. I got all the strips pressed for the mystery quilt I've been working on for a while. Now I'm cutting them and sewing them into four patches. I did manage to move some of my material bins into Johanna's room to make more room in the sewing room. I then put up one of my large tables to use to cut fabric on. I used to have a card table up there for that purpose, but it was not very stable and is in use elsewhere in the house.

Yesterday Ivy had a lousy day as far as housebreaking goes. Today she spent a lot of time outside, as it was a nice day, and the time she has been inside has been well monitored. It's almost 9pm and she has not had an accident inside, so we are keeping our fingers crossed!

I had lunch with my step mother at the tea room in town. I've never had lunch in a tea room before. To me, it was a good salad, but overpriced. I don't think it will be a place I will put on my list to go to all the time. Give me a good pizza anyday...

Ev went in at 11 a.m. today and is working 12 hours. He was supposed to do the same tomorrow but they are shutting down the entire second shift tomorrow. Seems like we just cannot catch a break.

I made some spaghetti sauce today for dinner. Made two pots, one with meat and one without. Nick will be happy. Yesterday I made a ham, just so we have something in the house for sandwiches.

No comments: