Saturday, August 30, 2014

It's a beautiful morning

I am in a good mood this morning and rearin' to go!  The weather forecast is for rain, which doesn't really bother me, because most of my plans are for indoors.  We do have some yard work to do over this three day weekend, but if it doesn't get done the world will not end! 

One thing we are going to do is make a trip to Lowe's and pick up the tools to remove the carpeting.  We also need to get some Kilz brand paint for the floor.  I know there are spots on the sub-floor that will need to be treated for odors.  Just the way it is and I'm not stressing over it.

Our laminate flooring is on it's way to the store to be picked up, so I am hoping it will be in this week and next weekend we can start some major work.

I reserved a cabin in Southern Illinois for a few days next month.  Nick is going to go with us.  Johanna can't get off work, since she is very new on the job,  We will miss having her there.  The cabin is within an hour's drive of Lambert's Cafe in Sikeston, Missouri.  Ev and I went there a few years ago and really enjoyed it, so we are planning to go again.  I think Nick will enjoy it a lot!  Just a fun place to go.

No comments: