Monday, August 25, 2014

Pretty in purple

Here's a happy mess!  I've got about half of the rows done on my purple Carpenter's Star top.  I need to push on through and finish it up so I can start another one!  This pattern is so easy and looks real nice, at least in my opinion!
These three blocks, plus one solid light purple block make up the whole quilt!  The blocks measure 6-1/2" unfinished. 

It is so hot here.  The heat index is well over 100 degrees!  I'm very fortunate to work in air conditioning.  My husband is not.  I worry about him in this heat.

Last night Johanna, Nick, and Ben were all over for dinner.  Johanna brought some steaks she had marinating and we threw them on the grill.  Also had corn on the cob, macaroni salad, baked beans, and sliced watermelon from Johanna's garden.  It was a wonderful meal and a great way to end our week of vacation.

No comments: