Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Sew lazy

I have not been sewing much these last couple days.  I'm not really being lazy, because I have been working on taking up the carpeting and tack strips.  When I'm done with that, though, all I want to do is just flop down on the couch for the rest of the night!

Yesterday, on my lunch hour, I went home and put together a pot of chili.  It cooked all afternoon up until when Ev left for work.  Since I didn't have to cook dinner, I went over to the animal shelter to visit the pup.

Isn't she cute?  She is getting around pretty good with that cast on.  She goes to the vet again tomorrow to have the cast changed.  I'm hoping we find out tomorrow that we will be able to bring her home next Thursday.  She will most likely still have a cast on at that time, which is okay.  We will also have to take her to the vet for therapy for several weeks after the cast is off.

When I got home from visiting her, I pulled up the last bit of carpet in the sitting room where the piano had been.  Also finished pulling up tack strips in there so it's completely free of all the old flooring.  The living room is very close to being free of it also. 

Tonight I know I'll get a couple good hours in the sewing room.  The cleaning ladies are scheduled to come.  Maybe Mary will want to Skype and sew on the Carpenter's Star.  If not, I am going to finally put at least one border on Roses in the Snow.

It's really raining hard here today.  Supposed to rain and storm all day, I think.

No comments: