Monday, January 5, 2015

Time off

Today it's back to work after some time off over the holidays.  Not too excited about going back, but glad to have a job.

Since Christmas I have not done any sewing.  This is my normal 'down time' right after the push of the holidays.

Ev and I hung the new light above my longarm in the basement yesterday, so now I'm ready to load my nephew's tee shirt quilt.  He leaves for the next semester at college on the 19th and I want to have it done for him before he goes.  Not going to work on it for a few days, though.  The basement is too cold right now.

We are in the middle of a cold snap here.  Temperature is a balmy 9 degrees F.  brrrr!

Instead of sewing, it seems like all I did the past two weeks was eat!  We went out for dinner quite a bit.  Since I don't have sewing pictures to show you, here's some of the goodies we ate!


This was our New Year's Day stuff.  I made some slider burgers with some very good ground chuck.  The buns were made from those frozen Rhode's rolls.  Wow, did they ever turn out good!  Gonna have to get a bag of those and keep them in the freezer.  Then there was just a little of this and a little of that.  Some stuffed mushrooms, imitation crab meat, shrimp, cheese ball with budding beef, and beef wrapped onions and pickles.


This was one of Ev's favorite meals.  We went to a restaurant called Fazzi's in Collinsville and he and I both ordered the gyro's.  This is the only place around that has them, at least ones that are any good, and it's a real treat to go there.  I snapped the pic when I was already halfway done with the sandwich!

 
And of course, the holiday wouldn't have been complete without a trip to Lotawata Creek down in Fairview Heights!  I really splurged and ordered the shrimp and andoui sausage meal.  I had them hold the andoui, though.  It came with cajun shrimp, boiled potatoes, and corn on the cob, as well as garlic toast.  Wow, what a meal!  And, as usual, there was more than enough for one meal, so that meant leftovers later on.  Yum, yum, yum.                                                                                                                                                                        

No comments: