Thursday, January 7, 2016

My Little Squares


This was what it looked like behind my sewing machine last night.  I went up to sew at 8:30, because I really needed to do SOMETHING other than sit in the recliner and fall asleep.  I started on clue four and for the first few minutes I was whining to myself that I really just wanted to go back downstairs and sleep in front of the t.v.  Then I got into it and before I knew it, it was 9:30!  I considered sewing even longer, except I needed the instructions for the rest of the clue and they were downstairs and I was too lazy to get them.

While I was sewing these, I was thinking about the owl quilt I made a couple months ago.  Those polka dot fabrics would be cute little owls.  Problem is, they are from a jelly roll, so they would be baby owls!  haha.  I am thinking of making a quick wall hanging.  We shall see what happens...

Looking forward to seeing Mary and my little retreat in a week.  We are just meeting up for a couple days and plan to sew like fiends.  I'm thinking of creating a top similar to one I saw in a quilt shop.  It is all squares, but sewn on top is a group of raw edge hearts that have the edges snipped so they will fray.  Still thinking about it.

No comments: