Thursday, January 14, 2016

Shaping Up

I finished cutting all the squares for the top, and am trying to decide what to do about the shapes.  One idea I have is to use all kinds of different shapes and place them randomly in every other square or at the intersection of four squares.  Hearts, stars, flowers, circles, triangles, house shapes, and more have all popped into my brain.  I'm thinking more and more that they will be added as the longarm quilting is done.  That means my goal for the retreat is to finish the part of the top that is all neutral squares.  I should be able to do that.

That also means I may have time for another project or two.  I'm going to take the NYE mystery along and finish it up if I can.  Maybe I will take some scraps and make some wonky star blocks for the Paducah swap this year.

No comments: