Thursday, August 11, 2016

The Morning Commute


Anyone who has read my blog for any length of time knows that I live in a rural community.  I drive 8 miles on an extremely lightly traveled road to get from my little town to the next small town where I work.  My 'commute', if you can even call it that, is not difficult.

This morning there was a half grown groundhog in the middle of the road.  Still alive.  I don't know why that little bugger was there, or what he was doing, but I do know one thing.  If he didn't get out of the road soon, he was going to be some buzzard's dinner before noon.

That pic is not of the groundhog this morning.  The one in the picture is walking through snow.  What I wouldn't give to be walking through snow right now....  We have another heat advisory for this afternoon.  Heat index supposed to get above 105 deg. F.

No comments: