Monday, October 20, 2008

Baby Blanket Finished

This weekend I wasn't able to sew in my sewing room much, but I was able to finish the binding on a baby quilt. I put my initials in the corner on the back and the year. That's as far as I got on a label. This quilt is just getting put away for now.

I also made a few yo yo's and sewed some together for a wine bag. Nothing big, but I did do some sewing.

Today is Monday and that means the Salvation Army Thrift store has new items for half price. I'm thinking of going over there at lunchtime. I need to get more orange and brown cotton shirts.

Made sausage tortellini soup Friday, ham and bean soup Saturday, and lasagna last night for dinner. Tonight I have chicken and dumplings in the crock pot.

I may start hand quilting Tennessee August this week. I have a stencil with four hearts interlocking that would be nice for the quilting. I'm not sure I want to make that many curves, though!

You can see some of the quilting detail on the back of the baby quilt in this picture. I crosshatched the center with rows about an inch apart. Along the borders I quilted inside the triangles, then in rows along the outside edges.

No comments: