Friday, October 24, 2008

I started quilting Tennessee August!


Last night I started quilting on Tennessee August. I have a stencil with four hearts that fits into the squares nicely. I started quilting in the squares and like the way it looks. I'm using a burnt orange color thread. I think I will also quilt lines a quarter inch from the seams of the 4" squares, but not along the four patch seams.


I made the monte cristo sandwiches last night for supper. Tonight I am either going to make meat loaf or cabbage rolls. It depends on if my son is going to want to eat early or not. The cabbage rolls would take a while to cook.



It's day ten of our bathroom remodel. Here's a summary (keep in mind this is an 8'x8' bathroom and we are using 12" tiles):


Day 1: Pick up concrete board from lumber yard.

Day 2: Cut concrete board and fit pieces, puzzle fashion, to floor.

Day 3: Remove and replace toilet (the only reason this was completed in a day was because I absolutely refused to be without a toilet overnight). This step was completed at 9:30pm. Toilet leaks at water inlet and where tank is bolted to bowl. Put towel down and go to bed.

Day 4: Tighten bolts to correct leaks.

Day 5: Screw down concrete board to existing floor.

Day 6: Husband congratulates self on completing this step.

Day 7: Husband rests.

Day 8: Husband rests some more.

Day 9: Draw one line on floor dividing it in half.


As I said, this is day 10. If this tile isn't down in the next few days, I'm going to put it down myself!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved reading your blog. Can you please share your recipe for cabbage rolls?
Happy Thanksgiving!