Thursday, October 16, 2008

Thursday Blues

I just don't feel like I'm running on all cylinders today. We have had a tragedy on my step father's side of the family. Although it is not directly related to me, the sorrow carries over because of the circumstances.

I have been doing a lot of hand quilting. I finished the baby quilt I was working on. Tonight I'd like to put the binding on it with the machine, then hand finish it.

Sunday, Donna and I went to the church hall and basted quilts. I had two to pin baste and she thread basted one of hers. Tennessee August was one that I pin basted and darling daughter's graduation quilt was the other. I plan to hand quilt Tennessee August and machine quilt the graduation quilt.

I'd like to get to work on machine quilting the graduation quilt this weekend. Then I should make a decision on what type of graduation quilt to make for my son, who will be graduating this coming spring.

I also have been cutting up some shirts to start another quilt with. This time I'm using orange, rust, and brown. Not sure what design I'll make. What I'm trying to do is cut up two shirts a night until I have all I need. I've been buying the shirts at the Salvation Army Thrift Store. I try to only buy shirts that are half price that week. Each week the store has one color tag that is half price.

Last night I made shrimp scampi for supper. It really was quite easy. I just boiled some spaghetti noodles to put the scampi over. The scampi was butter, garlic, onion, and shrimp. I sauteed the shrimp. They were just frozen guys from Aldi, but were they ever good! mm mm.

Tonight I'm going to make veal parmesan for supper. I bought some breaded veal patties at Aldi today to try. Hope they're good. My dear hubby loves veal but it's difficult to find anymore. Not politically correct, I guess.

My husband took a few days off to work on the floor of our bathroom. He is putting down new tile and also putting in a new toilet. Both these revisions are sorely overdue. I can't wait to be able to flush the toilet more than once in an hour if necessary! (it took our old one that long to fill!)

No comments: