Friday, October 3, 2008

They say it's my birthday...

and it is! Happy birthday to me! I plan on going home after work and cutting some muslin squares to go with the 16 patch shirting blocks. Since neither my daughter or son have remembered yet that it's my birthday, I will probably be making dinner first. Now, if my daughter remembers, she may offer to make dinner. hee hee hee. I went to Aldi on my lunch hour and bought the fixins for a chicken stir fry for supper. Usually I purchase the chicken breasts uncooked, but today I splurged and bought precooked chicken. Less work for me tonight.

We are all Chicago Cub fans at our house. The past two games have been real heartbreakers! My brother and I have been texting each other words of encouragement today because both of us are getting a LOT of grief at work from non Cub fans! Since he lives closer to Chicago, with a good amount of White Sox fans, he's getting it a lot worse than I am, although the Cardinal fans in my office are by no means quiet!

Last night I made saltesa pork sausage, baked potato wedges, and frozen peas for dinner. The saltesa comes from a local catering company located a couple towns over. It's a short drive, but their hours are only until 5 on weekdays, so I have to go there straight from work if I want the sausage. Sometimes they have it in one of the local grocery stores, but it's always a gamble.

We had a breakfast spread here at work yesterday. Three of us have birthdays in the same week, so we usually go together and make a meal. I made breakfast burritos, another made a hash brown casserole, and another made baked french toast with peaches. Plus we had orange juice, fruit, and bacon. I was so full from breakfast I didn't eat lunch!

After piecing the back for my darling daughter's graduation quilt, she didn't like it! Argh. She wanted something less busy. So I have some nice big pieces, 18x18 (from fat quarters, mostly) that will go together nicely for a backing. I need to get on that and put it together. I took a picture of her rummaging through my stash and was going to post it here on my blog, but when I told her that she got upset and was adamant that her picture not go on the 'net. So I'm honoring her wishes.

2 comments:

Sweet P said...

Belated Happy Birthday!

I'm sorry about the Cubs. I won't tell you I'm a Red Sox fan.

Hunter said...

Happy belated birthday.

Since neither my son or my husband were good with dates or formal celebrations, I started announcing my birthday month. After that I announced my birthday week. Then I'd do a countdown of how many days until my birthday.

It took a few years but they finally caught on that I expected a "Happy Birthday" on my birthday. ;)

(And I always thanked them for whatever I bought myself.)

Darilyn