Friday, December 21, 2012

Button Tree

Not the best picture in the world, but here's what I was working on last night.  I had made the tree panel with a border a long time ago and just came across it yesterday when I was looking in my Christmas material container.  It's still a little wrinkled...oops!  Anyway, I put some batting, a backing, and binding on it, then pawed through my button collection to find pretties to decorate the tree with.  All the buttons on it are shank types and I hand sewed them on to the tree.  There is even a little Snoopy button I found that I put under the tree.  I'm pleased with it.

I also made four goodie bags.  One for each of my two kids and one for their friends.  I'll put some pics up of those later.  I'm filling them with candies and odds and ends.  I really like doing that every year.  Today after work I'm going to go to the Dollar store and pick up some goodies to load them with.  Cheap and fun!  Woohoo!

We had really strong winds yesterday.  Semi's were having a difficult time, some even landed in the ditch on the highway.  My brother in law drives truck for a living and he ended up pulling over and waiting it out til this morning.  Our fence at home took a beating.  One of the 4x4 posts snapped at the bottom and other panels came loose. 

No comments: