Sunday, December 2, 2012

Sewing and home repairs

I got a lot accomplished today, but not as much as I should have.  Here's one of the tops I finished for the nursing homes.  I also put a border on one that I thought was too small and took the pink floral one downstairs and quilted it!

One of the people receiving quilts used to work for the government.  This quilt is done in patriotic colors and fabrics.

Here's the reason I didn't get as much done as I should have.

New lights!  We installed a new light fixture over the kitchen sink today.  I am tickled pink about it!  There was an old florescent fixture that was rigged up in that space.  You had to flip a switch, then reach up and press a button on the fixture itself to get the light to turn on.  Maybe that was okay for the very tall people, but I had to get on a chair to turn the light on!  Or use a meat mallet and get it just right on that button!  So, with that old light, I never really used it because it was a pain to turn on.

These lights are very pretty.  They are adjustable, brushed nickel, and have a six sided shade on each fixture.  We also bought a new fixture for the ceiling.  It's a chandelier in brushed nickel also.  I'm excited about getting it installed also!  But that is definitely going to have to wait until after these quilts are done...

I made a simple dinner of biscuits and sausage gravy tonight.  We hadn't had that for a very long time as a meal and it was very good.  Just hit the spot!



1 comment:

Lynley said...

The lights look great - doesnt' good lighting make such a difference? We put new lights over our kitchen sink in our first house, it was a forty-year old kitchen (never updated, ever) but with the new lights it just didn't matter :)