Monday, December 3, 2012

Monday morning madness

In an attempt to get a little bit of work done on the nursing home quilts, I went upstairs this morning before work to do some sewing.  I still need to create two more tops, but right now I'm concentrating on getting the 9 I have done quilted.  If I have time, I will make two more patchwork tops, if not I'll just use preprinted panels. 

This morning I sewed together some material for a pieced back on one and finished the edge of another piece of material for a back on another.  Normally I wouldn't bother finishing the edge, but this piece of material needs to be washed and I didn't want it to ravel.  There's a stain on the back side of the material that didn't show on the front, but I just felt better washing it.  It's has just a little area of dirt smudged on it.  After I finished the edge I took it downstairs and threw it in the washer.  I'll put it in the dryer when I get home. 

I also took the top it goes with and the other top and back downstairs.  My hopes are to get the other top and back loaded and quilted tonight and hopefully the one that will come out of the dryer, too!  Big dreams, right?  hee hee.

Tomorrow morning I think is Johanna's real early morning, where she leaves the house at 5:00 a.m.  If that's the case, I will try and get upstairs to piece together a couple more backs for the remaining tops.  I don't want to wake her up running the sewing machine.

In addition to working on the quilts tonight, I have committed to going to the political caucus to help a neighbor get her name on the ballot for City Clerk.  She isn't a close friend, but she called me personally and asked that I go to the caucus.  If she doesn't get her name on it, she immediately loses her position as City Clerk (she has been working full time at the job since March when the previous clerk retired) as well as her medical insurance.  I would hate for that to happen to anyone. 

No comments: