Monday, June 2, 2014

A little of this and that

Here's the pound cake I made yesterday.  It was very good and made the house smell good while it was baking!
It's not a pretty cake, at least mine wasn't, but it did not need icing at all.   I think it would have been very good with some strawberries and whipped cream on it, too!  If you are interested in making it, I found it at All Recipies:  http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Country-Pound-Cake/Detail.aspx It's called Country Pound Cake, and one of the tricks to it is to start it in a cold oven.  Next time I make it, I think I will make it in several smaller pans.

Ev and I worked on the railing on our front steps.  This is how far we got:

I'm very pleased with our progress so far.  The next step is to put the spindles and then the handrail on.  Even if that takes a while to do, as of right now at least I have a railing to hang on to!

During my lunch hour I stopped over at the thrift shop.  Found a couple of pictures I really liked.  This one, even though it has birds on it, struck me as very calming and peaceful, so I bought it and hung it in my office.  My office can use a good dose of "calming" on most days!

When I was little and my uncle would come to visit, he would take me out to a pond to feed the ducks.  That's what this reminds me of.

Tonight is Quilt Club over in Staunton.  I promised Sandy I would go, so I'm hoping the weather cooperates.  It's been raining on and off today.  Then I want to be home by 8 to tune in to Quilt Cam on Bonnie's website!

Yesterday when I did Nick's laundry I noticed the hem of his khaki pants was coming out in both legs.  We were all sitting around watching the hockey game, so I just hand stitched them for him.   I don't mind doing that kind of thing once in a while, but my old eyes just aren't what they used to be when it comes to that close work.

Yeah, Nick brought his laundry to me this weekend.  Now, for quite a while he had been doing it himself, but this week he asked me to do it.  It doesn't bother me when I'm going to be home anyway.  I think every piece of clothing that kid owns was dirty!

No comments: