Friday, June 20, 2014

Score!

My oh my, looky what I found at the Salvation Army Store!  This is over 27 yards of fabric!  22 pieces were approximately half a yard and 16 were a yard or more.  There were also some pieces not a half yard that I didn't even include in the count.  All quilter's cotton, too!  And would you like to know how much all this quilty goodness cost?  Total, with tax, $21!  For 27 plus yards!  Wheeeeeee!  Approximately .78/yard for the math geeks.

I never get this lucky at Salvi.  My coworker went there at lunch and called me saying they had fabrics in bags and did I want her to send pictures of it.  I said sure, not really getting my hopes up because I've seen bags of fabric there before, but it was usually old polyester stuff.  When I saw a sample, I hightailed it over there and snatched up about a third of what was on the shelf.  Had to limit myself due to funding, but I'm totally satisfied with my purchase.  Then I told my friend who works across the parking lot, Sandy, about it and of course she had to go and get $28 worth!  She commented that the gal checking her out said she was the second person today to come through her line with a lot of the fabric!  Sandy told her it was her friend, and she also told me she saw another lady grabbing up the rest of what was on the shelves.

So tonight I got on Skype with Mary and sewed for a while (Marla, if you are reading this, you really need to get on Skype, too!).  Managed to get quite a bit done on the GBP quilt.  Hoping to get more done tomorrow, since Ev has to work.

No comments: