Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Curtain Call

I got a call from my mother asking me to make her a set of curtains for the windows on either side of her front door.  And could I make them before Thanksgiving?  ho ho ho.  Yeah, well, they won't take too long.  They are just narrow curtains with casings at either end.  I sent her this picture to see which fabric she wanted.


She chose the second one, the one with the white background and little black accents.  I cut the material out last night and intend to do the sewing tonight.

There is actually a story behind that fabric.  It has been in my stash for a very long time.  Probably since the 1980's.  I think I bought it at Wal Mart.  I liked it so much I bought several yards of it, and also bought several yards of it in reverse - black with white designs.  My intentions were to make a sun dress.  Hmm.  Yeah, well, you know that sun dress never got made, right?  hahaha

No comments: