Monday, January 23, 2017

Back to it!

Since the blue New Year's Eve Mystery is going to be Johanna's wedding quilt, I decided to make it wider than originally planned.  I needed to make and additional eight blocks.

Since the blocks are scrappy, using different large blocks for the centers and corners, I felt it would be best if I used materials that were already in the other blocks.  If I used all new fabrics, there would be no scraps of that type in the original 40 blocks that are done, and the new ones would stand out.  Luckily I was able to find enough scraps in my stash from original fabrics used.

The blocks came together fairly quickly after all the pieces were cut.  All additional eight blocks were finished over the weekend.  I need to put sashing strips on the sides and then will arrange them in their final layout.

Probably have to shoo Miss Addy outside while I do that.  Would like to use our bed for the layout, and I really don't need Addy "helping", hahaha.

Going to just begin making Nick's wedding quilt with the additional eight blocks, I think.  It's not that big of a deal, and I know I have the fabric for it.

No comments: