Tuesday, December 30, 2008


Here's a picture of the fabrics I'm using in the New Year's Eve mystery quilt. Darling daughter helped pick out the fabrics. The light color is really a light blue and the dark color is a navy blue. The camera didn't pick the color up very well. I'm still taking the pictures on my phone and emailing them to myself. I really want a digital camera.

The mystery quilt has us making 144 half square triangles ahead of time. I had sewed them on Sunday, then last night I pressed them all. I also trimmed 64 of them...80 more to go! Will get those trimmed up tonight so I'm ready to roll tomorrow when the clues start getting posted. I have to work tomorrow, but hopefully we will get out early.
There is another website group I belong to that is hosting a New Year's Eve mystery. Now, call me crazy, but I am thinking of doing both of them! I think that the clues for the second mystery stay up pretty long, so maybe I'll just pick out some fabrics and see if the mood strikes me or not to make it.

Last night I made tacos for dinner. Usually the next day I make a pot of chili with the leftovers, but I didn't have a green pepper to use in the chili. So I'll go to the grocery store at lunch and then make the chili tomorrow night. Since tomorrow night is New Year's Eve, I think I will just make some snack type food. I'm thinking chili, crackers and cheese, salami, etc. And I still have ham leftover from Saturday. We are going to have fried ham and potatoes for supper tonight.

Darling son is really pleased with the guitar he got for Christmas. It is an electric acoustic. It sounds very nice, with or without being plugged into an amp. He is also happy with his computer. He asked for a new video card for his birthday, which was Sunday. He and his friends put together this computer that he's using from spare parts. Last night about 9 he decided to take it over to his friend's house to play games. He just cracks me up. Since he's 18 now, he seems to be more relaxed.

No comments: