Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Mystery Quilt


Oh, I'm getting so addicted to quilting... I joined a couple different quilt groups over the past week. The reason I joined is because they were both hosting 'mystery' quilt projects over the holidays. I've never done a mystery, but have always thought it would be fun. So I picked up enough fabric (like I didn't have enough at home already) to make a baby quilt for the Christmas Eve mystery. I'm going to force myself to shop my stash for the New Year's Eve mystery. That's my compromise...hee hee. This is a picture of the fabrics I'm going to be using.


Darling son is going to be in a school play tonight. He's playing 'Marley's Ghost'. I'm looking forward to going to the play tonight. He's a senior in high school and this is the first time he's taken theater.


Darling daughter took her last final for the semester today. I'm sure she's relieved...I know I am! The weather has been real cold and we have a lot of ice on the roads. She can get a break now for a while before she has to make that drive back and forth to school in January.


Last night I made a seafood stir fry for supper. I think it was the best stir fry I have done in a long time! I used shrimp and mock lobster from Aldi, plus a frozen stir fry mix also from Aldi. I doctored it up with onions and celery. I also added some spaghetti noodles that I put in the skillet with some margarine and crushed garlic, then some soy sauce. It was pretty good eats.


Tonight I have beef stew cooking in the crock pot. Looking forward to that - something warm on such a cold day!

1 comment:

Karen said...

I love mystery quilts. But I haven't heard about one on Christmas Eve. Who is hosting it? Where can I get details. Love your fabric choices.