Monday, December 15, 2008

Icy Roads and Chicken Stew

Once again, the local news channels overestimated the severe weather. We do have icy roads, but no where near the amount of ice that the t.v. was predicting. I know it's better to err on the side of caution, but the news around here always presses the panic button when any kind of hint of bad weather comes along. It's become a standing joke around our house that the grocery stores must need to sell more bread and milk. To be on the safe side, though, my darling husband drove our daughter to her college this morning. She has one final to take today and one on Wednesday then she is done with her first semester of college. Wow.

I finally finished the machine quilting on darling daughter's signature quilt. I even cut the binding strips yesterday. Hopefully I can get it done before the end of the year. When I quilted it, I used the old Singer. It really worked well. Once that tension mechanism was cleaned, it made a world of difference. And since I've been using it more, I have learned a couple of tricks. If I pull the thread to the right of the needle to clip it, it doesn't break or pull. It's a little thing, but it sure does make a difference.

I put together a pot of chicken and dumpling stew for supper tonight in the crock pot. That chicken looked so good surrounded by all the veggies and with spices and such over it I wanted to take a picture! Okay, so I'm weird! All I'll have to do when I get home is put the dumplings on top of it and supper will be done.

Last night we had Italian Beef in the crock pot. That was a hit, too. I have the fixin's for beef stew, so I'll be making that some time this week.

No comments: