Monday, December 29, 2008

Post Christmas Post





I joined a couple of mystery quilt groups on the internet. One called apocketfullofmysteries on yahoo groups did a mystery called mosaic tiles over Christmas. It was a pattern created by Dorothy Young. This is a picture of the top I FINISHED. It's hard for me to believe that I actually finished the top over the holiday, but maybe I have found my niche - do mystery quilts! ha ha. Since this was the first one I ever did, I only made the baby sized quilt. It was challenging enough, but I'm glad I did it. This one is done with a focus fabric that is a nursery print, so it will make a nice baby quilt. I should have used yellows with more contrast between them, but live and learn.

The other picture is one of my brother after he found the 'Christmas Pickle' ornament on my dad's tree. He's holding up 2 fingers because this is the second time he's found it. Stinker! I had to put the picture on my blog, mainly because when I told him I was going to he said 'you better not!'. ho ho ho!

I had a nice holiday. My mom and brothers and grandma all came to my house Saturday for our Christmas together. We exchanged gifts and had a nice meal (ham - I'll have leftovers for a month!).

I think my kids liked their gifts. Mostly they got gift cards. My son had a birthday yesterday and daughter has one coming up next week, so we aren't quite finished yet. But things are winding down.

We are going to visit my mom up north this coming weekend. Her Christmas present was tickets to see the Trans Siberian Orchestra. We are going to have a great time. I'm really looking forward to it.

I'm doing another mystery quilt over New Year's Eve. I do have to work that day, but I can at least get the clues and do them when I get home. I'll be off for five days, so I'll just pace myself and get the top done as time permits. Darling daughter helped me pick fabrics for it. She has a good eye for color.

No comments: