Monday, September 2, 2013

Rows done and more salsa

Last night I put the squares together into rows for the nautical baby quilt.  Some of the material is directional and I was thinking that I would keep it all going in one direction, however, when I went to arrange the rows, it worked out better if I turned some of them, so the directional fabric now is going two different ways.  I'm okay with that.

I have the peach salsa simmering on the stove.  When it's ready to go into jars, I'll make short work of putting it into the hot water bath. 

There are a couple things that have made canning this salsa a bit easier than years ago when I canned.  One is the 'power burner' on my gas stove.  It is a larger burner than the others and really heats things up faster and keeps them hotter.  This helps immensely with the hot water bath canner.  The other is my food processor.  I've had food processors before that weren't worth a cent, but this particular one has really proved itself.  It's a Black and Decker 10-cup model that Ev and the kids got me for Christmas a couple years ago.

Going to throw a few loads of wash in over the course of the day - got to get on top of it or dirty laundry will be taking over the house!  Think I'll ride over to IGA and pick up some good ground chuck and make some burgers today on the grill.  Have had a taste for them!

Hope everyone is having a nice Labor Day and doing what they want to do!

No comments: