Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Work it out

After work today I went upstairs to sew, just intending to be up there a few minutes because I was tired.  Well, two and a half hours later I came back downstairs! 

I pressed the center of the baby quilt and cut borders then added them to it.  I even mitred the corners, which I don't normally do.  It really does add a nice touch when the corners are mitred.  Then I took the piece of material I wanted to use for the back, a nice little striped blue and white fabric, and measured it.  Then I needed to figure out how to make it work for the back, because I was going to have to cut it into pieces and sew them together, all the while keeping the stripes going the same direction.  I figured it out and have it all sewn together and ready to go. 

Just have to press the border on the top and I can take it downstairs and load it on Gemma.

Oh, and I got a call today that another member of our church was admitted into the nursing home today, so that means I need to make two more tops.

No comments: