Sunday, April 13, 2014

Finito'!

Yeah, so that is supposed to be "FIN-NEAT-TOE" but I'm not sure how to spell it correctly!  Anyway, the quilt that was on Gemma is finished, with the binding attached to the top side.  I used the Nolting Ruler Mate on the machine, along with a piece of quarter inch plexiglass for a ruler to create a straight edge.  I have to put longarm rulers on my list of things I want to buy at the show. 

I have been knitting approximately one dishcloth per day, and I think with each one I get a little bit better.  Practice makes perfect!  The kids will each get a couple in their Easter bags (which I have yet to make).  This afternoon I sorted through some of my stash, with the intent of getting rid of some of it.  Mary doesn't have a stash yet, so I'm going to give her some of mine.  I have so much that was gifted to me that really isn't my taste, I certainly won't miss it!  Still have more to go through.  I did find some neat material to use for Easter bags, though.

Nick and Olivia are on their way home from visiting family up north.  It's been storming here so I'm hoping they get back safely.  Johanna and Ben were over for dinner.  We had burgers on the grill for the first time this season.  They were excellent! 

No comments: