Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Scraps of paper

Instead of printing out Mapquest or Google directions, or taking the big Illinois Atlas with us on our trip south, I just wrote the three interstates that we needed to catch down on a little sticky note.  I've been to Paducah enough times to know how to get to the show and people are so helpful down there I know if I got turned around I could get directions.

Maybe I just don't want to let go of the trip just yet, but that yellow scrap of paper is still sitting in the console of my car. 

We had some severe storms move through yesterday starting about 4:45 and continuing into the evening.  When I got home I ran in the front door and went straight to the basement (with the dog and cat following closely behind).  I didn't even have time to sit down on the basement steps (my designated storm proof spot) before the hail started.  It was a scary night and I said more than a few prayers while sitting on those steps.  We were fortunate not to have any damage. 

No comments: