Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Something that made me smile

I know I have talked here on the blog about a little bar and grill named Tilley's that we have here in our little town.  It's opened it's doors and closed them a few times over the years, but this time they may actually be staying open for a while.  I sure hope so, anyway. 

Ev and I like to go there on the weekends and have a meal.  He will get a beer and I will get iced tea, and we just enjoy the time together.  Many of the people that come in there are people we have known in town for years, so it's alway interesting to visit with different folks.

Sunday, when we went in for dinner, we got a pleasant surprise.  When our order came the cook had added a couple little extra goodies on our plates to try.  This isn't the first time that's happened, and it really makes me feel good.  They know we are regulars and they value our opinions.  They have even added items to the menu for us! 

That just makes me smile, knowing that people in town recognize us and want to hear what we think.  It's a warm feeling. 

No comments: