Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Food Frenzy



Starting on Sunday and carrying through last night, I have been on a cooking and baking frenzy.  Sunday I made a huge pot of spaghetti sauce, a pan of rice krispy treats, and put together a casserole to be baked later.  Monday I baked a meat loaf and made mashed potatoes to go with it.  Tuesday I fried pork chops, added a missing ingredient to the casserole and baked it, made more spaghetti noodles, and baked a batch of blueberry muffins from scratch.

No, I am not pregnant.  hahahaha

Ev likes to take spaghetti to work, so he has the sauce and noodles for that.  Now that the casserole is also finished, we will have several dishes to choose from when we want to eat dinner.  Because of his work schedule and the fact that we eat at seperate times, this works out real good for both of us.

The blueberry muffin recipe came from Mennonite Girls Can Cook website.  I picked up a container of blueberries at Aldi yesterday and then had to run over to IGA to get the buttermilk, but it was worth it!  The batter is kind of thick.  It made a wonderful muffin and I'm going to watch and see when strawberries come in season, so I can get some of them and make strawberry muffins from the same recipe!

Maybe, just maybe, since I have all this food cooked and won't have to make dinner for a couple nights, I can motivate myself to get busy in the sewing room!

No comments: