Thursday, March 10, 2016

Detour

Had to take a detour yesterday from the usual routine to take Nick to the dentist.  Yes, he is old enough to go by himself!  However, there was the possibility that they would pull a tooth, so I wanted to be there to drive him home if that ended up being the case.  As it turns out, the tooth has infection around it, so they have to treat that before they can pull it.  Poor guy.

Anyway, I did get 6 more wonky star blocks finished last night.  I had been putting the pieces together for those blocks for a couple days and they are finally finished.  This morning I started making some more.  I have the pieces started for five more blocks.

There are 33 completed wonky star blocks now.  That means I need 15 more to reach the goal of 48.  It's very do-able.  Making them in batches of 5 or 6 is working out very well.

Made a chicken, broccoli, rice and mushroom casserole last night for supper.  I had some, but Ev ended up going to Denny's at 11 p.m. with Johanna!  She had to work until 11 and called her daddy to see if he wanted to meet up for a late supper.  Since he was just getting off work, it was good timing.  I was glad they had that time together.  And this means I won't have to make much for dinner tonight because there is plenty of casserole left over!

No comments: