Monday, March 14, 2016

Wonky Star Blocks Done!


Over the weekend I finished up the Wonky Star blocks for our Paducah swap.  This was the stack of the last bunch of pieces before they were assembled into blocks.

I'm trying to decide what I want to use for cornerstones in the setting of these blocks.  I have a couple of options running around in my head.  The one that I think would look the nicest would be to make 3 1/2" wonky star blocks with the same background.  That would mean a lot more work, but it would be worth it in the long run.

My second option is to make a snowball block out of the 3 1/2" squares.  It would also be a bit of work, but not as much as the wonky stars.  I could also just use a plain square of different colored fabric scraps.

What it really comes down to is how much time and energy I have left before the show.

This week I absolutely have to get a quilt loaded on Gemma.  It needs to get done before I go to the show.  Ideally, I need to get three specific quilts done before the show.  That's really shooting for the moon, isn't it?  haha.

No comments: