Wednesday, May 18, 2016

More Rows Added


In addition to making the Simply Woven block, last night I also sewed a couple of rows to Bloomington Square.  That quilt is so big!  I have seven of the 18 rows sewn together.

Now, instead of flowers or hearts, I think I may just put a diamond at the intersection of the blocks.  I'd like to just make up a bunch of diamond shapes then applique them on with the Gemma.  That's my plan right now.  We all know that could change.  haha.

I used the new bobbin winder to wind 6 bobbins for the Kenmore.  While they wind tightly enough, they are not winding evenly.  I'm going to have to play with it a bit more to see if I can figure out how to fine tune things.  For the price I paid for the bobbin winder, my feeling is that it should do a better job.  Right now, I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt by saying I need to become more familiar with it.  I will keep you all posted!

And I'm on the fence about ordering the Accu Quilt cutter in the next few days.  It's on sale for the price I am willing to pay, I just don't know right now if I should go ahead and get it.  I can put it on credit, but I don't really want to.  I know that I will be buying the machine, and am pretty sure it will come on sale for this price again soon, so I may just wait until I have the cash.

No comments: