Monday, April 27, 2009

Back to work


I'm back from Paducah! It was a great trip. My friend and I went to a retreat center in Southern Illinois, then drove over to Paducah for the Quilt Show. We got to our rooms on Wednesday afternoon. Thursday morning we went to the show. There were quite a few people there and it was pretty hot and humid. We had a nice time, though. I bought some things I had really wanted to get, including a 60mm rotary cutter and some books from Billie Lauder.


We also went to Hancock's of Paducah and shopped for fabric. We did that on Thursday and on Friday we went to another fabric store in the area. I finished a top for a baby quilt and started another top while down there. It wasn't work for me to be sewing while down there. The room was large enough to set up both our sewing machines. I had brought a card table to put mine on and my friend used a table that was in the room. One of the days I was up sewing at 5:45 a.m.! We went out and were back by 3 in the afternoon, when I started sewing again. That day I sewed for 9-1/2 hours and loved every minute of it.


Now I need to concentrate on my darling son's graduation and party from High School and his orientation into college.

No comments: